Sunday, August 2, 2009

Though We Struggle, God Is There...

Lord I often wonder what
You ever see in me
I more than often let you down
And am not what I should be

It seems it’s in the little things
That I struggle with each day
I find it hard to focus on you
And know not what to pray

I want to rise above this Lord
But fail so many times
The steps of progress that I take
Seems harder each day to climb

I lack the energy that I need
To do what I know is right
I start to stumble and lose my way
I’m just too tired to fight!

Lord I feel like screaming out‘
Are you listening to my cry?
Can you see the state I’m in?
Or have you closed your eyes?’

But then I have to remind myself
That you care more than I know
You see the turmoil that I’m in
And your love you always show

It is not you that have closed eyes
But it’s I that cannot see
I overlook your steadfast love
And your tender mercies for me

Jesus I pray you’ll come and touch me
With your love once more
And draw me deeply into yourself
To rejoice as I have before

2 comments:

MARY ANNE said...

Painfull and beautiful

True and becoming more real

Your words echo the climb
and the fall

Trying to follow the Saviour

With Vision so clear

It's no simple tale

Thank you Gabriel

Anonymous said...

life is not about what we are going through
but where we are going to.
He always use what we are going through to work something in us. we may not be where we want to be but we are not where we use to be something must have changed we may not notice the change because we are so concern about what we are going through
but we should see him instead of our issue.
The great Apostel Paul was at this point too, there he cried "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" but got the solution in the next chapter 8 of Romans check it out