Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hidden In My Heart

I long, O God, to have your word
Hidden within my hear
tSo it will be a lamp to my feet
And a light unto my path

Then I may know where I should walk
Where your spirit is leading me
To know more clearly the right direction
Though the future I cannot see

I pray that I’ll forever hunger
For your word O Lord
To draw deep from your living water
And be satisfied once more

For I long to be continually washed
With the water of your wordT
o have it deep within my soul
So it may quench my thirst

Teach me the truths in your word
Reveal to me what it means
Open my eyes to all the mysteries
And the truths still yet unseen

I want to walk uprightly Lord
To never go astrayYour word,
O Lord, is the guide I need
To keep me in your ways

I thank you Lord for your word
The bread that feeds my soul
And I continually feed on it
From now until I grow old

So teach me Lord while I am young
So it will not depart
But will keep your word alive within
Hidden in my heart

2 comments:

MARY ANNE said...

Not only are your thoughts lovely, I like your colours too...

SOS THE BELOVED said...

Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for men,
for he satisfies the thirsty
and fills the hungry with good things.
(Psalm 107:8-9)

His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation.
He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
He has brought down rulers from their thrones
but has lifted up the humble.
He has filled the hungry with good things
but has sent the rich away empty.
He has helped his servant Israel,
remembering to be merciful
(Luke 1:50-54)

Lord, help us to always remain humble and hungry, for You will surely pour Your grace and mercy on us. You pour water on the thirsty ground of our hearts and satisfy us when we are hungry. Thank You, Father!