Saturday, May 2, 2009

I'll not be SILENT

It was time to sleep, but i couldn't. i don't know why. Im truly lost. Actually if people know my background, they will unterstand my situation. So, I took my BIBLE and began to read. The first verse that God show was...

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

Having God with me where ever I go is comforting. I know that He will watch out for me, and I realize now that He always has been there, even when I didn’t have much to do with Him. Being safe is just one aspect of always having Him near, it also means that in addition to watching out for my well being, He is there when I am faced with temptation, and then it is up to me to make the right choice. Watching over me does not mean He will keep me living right, doing that is my part of the bargain.

The second verse"

9 And the Lord said to Paul one night in a vision, “Do not be afraid, but go on speaking and do not be silent, 10 for I am with you, and no one will attack you to harm you, for I have many in this city who are my people.” Acts 18:9-10

Actually, I still have trouble speaking about my faith. Oh sure, I have this blog, but how many people know about it. I don’t advertise it too much. Well before this I decided to share with my friends about my faith, but up till this moment, I haven't started anything, except via this blog. I hesitated, and realized that my hesitation was because I was worried about what some people would think about my faith. When I got to this scripture for today, it was an awakening. If my friends had issues with it, then did I really want them as friends?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sharing your faith can begin with the transformation that happens in your life. That is a powerful enough story.

The man who was healed at the gate called Beautiful by Peter and John did not need to say too much.. everyone could see the change in his life and glory God on his behalf.

Has there been a change in your life since you met Jesus? This is where it starts.. then the telling can follow.

God bless you as you walk in your new life and faith.. let your light shine!

Jallin Atan said...

An English Idiom says: Action speaks louder than word. As faithful follower of Christ, let the life of Christ be seen in all your ways of life.

The bible says:
A house on the top of a hill will not hidden from all passer by. They will admire the beauty of the house.

Another verse says:
A person who lights up as candle will not put it under a tin or hide it behind the wall. Instead he will put the candle on its stand so that it will light up every part of the house and nothing is hidden.

In the same way to a real christian, his life is like a light that shine, like a salt that salted the life of others.
I continue to pray for you that our God, Lord Jesus will give you His spirit and strength to face the real world. Blessed are you for your faithfulness.

MARY ANNE said...

You write so well. When you share your dreams here, you are not being silent. In fact many across borders will find you.