Thursday, July 30, 2009

How Do I Praise You Lord ??

How do I praise You, Lord
When my words are so time worn?
When the only phrases left have
Of their power been shorn?

How do I praise You
When I am so often confused and lost?
How do I praise You
When I need to praise You the most?

How do I praise You Lord
How do I describe Your Amazing Grace,
When those very words
Have become so commonplace?

Do I get down on my knees
And lift my hands into the sky?
Does that give the words the power
To lift Your Name on high?

I will praise You from my heart
In a language my mind can’t comprehend.
In words that haven’t lost their power,
In phrases only You can understand.

I will praise You like the Psalmist
With words that paint a picture of Your love.
So that everyone can see
It comes only from above.

I will praise You when I am weak
Knowing it is Your Strength that makes me strong.
I will praise You when the days are short
And the nights, dark and long.

I will praise You when I am sleeping
In my dreams, I will know You are close.
When I least feel like praising You,
That is when I will praise You the most.

Now and forever to Your Glory
I will sing.
I will lift Your Name on High Lord
And, in my life, Your Truth shall reign.

4 comments:

MARY ANNE said...

Such beauty and reakity unfolds from these lines

The struggles and the turns

The searching and the sensing

The seeing and the feeling

The many ways of knowing

And wondering about the

More that draws you

As He fills you

Overflowing

Jallin Atan said...

The Lord is good,
His word is sweet as honey,
His mercies endure forever.
Slow to anger but abounding in love

Praise the Lord God in the highest
His love transform one's life.

Gabriel said...

Yah.. I've experinced it.. and now still He do the same things right to my life...

Jay Len said...

Let the word of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight, Oh Lord

I praise the Lord because He is great,
His unfailing love overpower the shadow of my sins,
I am a sinful person deem for punishment.
You, oh angelicassistance, giving me courage to struggle for freedom,
a real freedom that the world cannot afford,
Now I am free,He's so good to me.